question

Ibrahim Abu khater avatar image
Ibrahim Abu khater asked

pass session cookie from matchmaking queue

I'm trying to utilize the same server build for multiple game modes, the best practice is using session cookies (in my opinion), is there anyway to pass it from matchmaking queue

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

For your case, PlayFab Matchmaking has Cross game mode search, you can have a look. And to know which mode to activate on server, if you selected “Enable server allocation”, the server instance of the server build you configured will be allocated after matching is complete. The session id for this server will be the match id, so the server can use a title level entity token to call API Matchmaking - Get Match - REST API (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Learn and set ReturnMemberAttributes to true to get the matched players’ attributes. The attributes should contain the game modes that player selected. The server can then decide which mode to activate based on this info.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ibrahim Abu khater avatar image Ibrahim Abu khater commented ·

Thank you so much <3, this exactly what I needed. and just for the record, players can request MPS directly incase of no available player to match with, here I can use the session cookies since the matchID won't be available on that queue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.