question

Mike Wuetherick avatar image
Mike Wuetherick asked

Can't figure out how to create a Publisher Web API Key on steam?

So this feels like I'm missing something simple, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to create a Publisher Web API Key on steam. I swear I figured this out previously but when I go through the (incredible obtuse) documentation on Steam to create a web api key I don't see the same thing on my end.

Has this changed on the steam side or something?

I have a steam group created with the same steam account that I have my steamworks app setup with, but I don't see any 'create webapi key' link?

So confused

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

You can create a Web API key by following this Steam Documentation: Create Publisher Web API Keys (Steamworks Documentation) (steamgames.com). If you cannot create the Web API Key, since creating a Web API key is entirely done by Steam, and we are not Steam experts, we recommend that you seek professional help from the Steam Support team.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.