question

Ákos Meiszter avatar image
Ákos Meiszter asked

Create Bacfill Ticket Members matching with users who are not part of the match anymore

Hi all, currently I am trying to implement Create Server Backfill Ticket, with some success, but when I try to get the members of the match via get Match, I always get the members who initially joined that match.5858-screenshot-2023-04-27-170933.png

I figured I need to use this from the GSDK to update my currently connected users, but where should I put it? When users are joining the initial match? This Update Connected Players will be keep updating as well throughout the cycle of the match?

Thanks.

unrealMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

When a new player connects, you can let PlayFab know by adding it to the vector of players and calling updateConnectedPlayers. For more details, please see Giving PlayFab information about your game server. Please note that the members of the API CreateServerBackfillTicket should be the current players in the server instead of the Initial player. When the server backfill ticket is matched, you will get a new matchId which can be used to get new members.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ákos Meiszter avatar image Ákos Meiszter commented ·

Thanks for the reply, I will move the update connected players to the part where they are connecting.

Which API will return me the "current Players" as members then? Because I was using Get Match and that was only returning the initial members. Thanks a lot

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Ákos Meiszter commented ·

Since the CreateServerBackfillTicket should be called via server and the Members are the current players in the server, the server should know this info. For example, if you have followed Giving PlayFab information about your game server to implement your server, there will be a ConnectedPlayer list:

static private List<ConnectedPlayer> players = new List<ConnectedPlayer>();
0 Likes 0 ·
tweekley5 avatar image tweekley5 Neils Shi commented ·

@Neils Shi How does this line of code help return the current list of players in the game with their team assignment? That is what is needed for the backfill ticket. A connected player only contains a string field, so I don't see how that will help in this case.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.