question

yogev avatar image
yogev asked

playfab api limits on azure function

Hey, I have a reward system and this azure function will run everything for each player in the end of the game

so in one game, it's a maximum of around 30 players +- so it will run 30 times * 3 calls each player

now I am using Azure function in order to do this operation and I want to make sure it is okay from playfab side

this is the flow ->

The game ends - the players will execute the Azure function - > getting a random item from the drop table -> getting player inventory and checking if the player has it - > then giving the player

how many players can run it at the same time? 30 players will be fine or it's too much?

and just to know for the future, what are my limits with playfab API inside Azure function?

thank you

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

how many players can run it at the same time? 30 players will be fine or it's too much?

There is no limit to the number of players can call Azure Function at the same time. It will scale automatically based on the number of incoming events. For more detail, you can refer to Overview of plans. So, 30 players can run it at the same time.

And just to know for the future, what are my limits with playfab API inside Azure function?

There are no limits about PlayFab APIs inside Azure functions. But calls to Azure Functions have a timeout limit, you can refer to Execution limits for more detail.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yogev avatar image yogev commented ·

Thank you so just to confirm if 30 players will call the azure function will it still be on the development plan?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi yogev commented ·

Yes. Please note that the cost of Azure Function is not included in PlayFab, and you can refer to Azure Functions pricing for more detail.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.