question

devnoody avatar image
devnoody asked

How to store and interact with data shared by all users ?

Hello,

I am looking to implement some asynchronous online features in my game and I am wondering what's the best way to store and interact with the data.

Example features: - Shared Goal: All players can contribute to a goal (i.e kill enemy x, y times). Once the goal is reached, all players get a bonus for 7 days. - World Boss: A strong enemy with health scaled so that it requires hundreds of players to defeat and that would respawn until deadline is met (i.e active for 7 days).

I imagine using Azure Functions for handling all the game logic described above, but what's the best player to store the data ?

Should I use Title Data or something else ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Title Data values are copied and distributed to potentially hundreds of machines in the PlayFab server cluster. As part of this process, Title Data is cached, and changes may take up to fifteen minutes to refresh in those caches. Title Data is best suited for Global Constant/Static Data and is not suitable or reliable as Global Variables. So, Title Data doesn't apply to your scenario. Currently, PlayFab doesn’t provide the feature to handle the global variables. For this case, we would suggest you use the external cache, such as the Azure Cache for Redis, to handle such global data.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devnoody avatar image devnoody commented ·

Thank you for the quick reply!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.