question

akguntalipali avatar image
akguntalipali asked

Checksum Format

I am keeping player save as a file on the entity. I want to compare local and cloud saves and see if there is any difference before committing to download. GetFiles returning metadatas which includes checksum. So I am calculating checksum of the local save in MD5 format and comparing with the checksum contained in the GetFileMetadata object. It does not seem that the checksum contained in GetFileMetadata is in MD5 format. Am I missing something? Why the method of checksum is not explained in your api documents?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The Checksum of the file is not in MD5 format, it’s an identifier that is updated every time a write operation is performed on an object. As GetFileMetadata mentions, it is the Checksum value for the file, can be used to check if the file on the server has changed. To use the Checksum, you need to save it locally after uploading/downloading the file. Later when you want to download the file, you can compare the new Checksum you got with the old Checksum saved locally to see if the file has changed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.