question

Kim Johansen avatar image
Kim Johansen asked

What are the limits of UpdateLobby?

I was experimenting with SignalR to get realtime lobby changes, but it seems you still have to use REST UpdateLobby for updates. Is this true?

Testing GetLobby and UpdateLobby, and every 10 seconds still seems to get throttled.

What are the limits of GetLobby and UpdateLobby?

If I check the limits page in the interface it says LobbyUpdatesPerTitle 60,000. What does this mean? The description just says ResourceDescription.

The GetMatch limit makes more sense: Match gets per minute for title entities 100 Number of GetMatch API requests a title entity can make per match within a period of 1 minute.

Thanks in advance.

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

I was experimenting with SignalR to get realtime lobby changes, but it seems you still have to use REST UpdateLobby for updates. Is this true?

Yes, you need to call UpdateLobby for updates.

What are the limits of GetLobby and UpdateLobby?

The limit of GetLobby is 12 calls per 2 minutes, UpdateLobby is 20 calls per 2 minutes.

If I check the limits page in the interface it says LobbyUpdatesPerTitle 60,000. What does this mean? The description just says ResourceDescription.

It is the limit of lobby Updates per title per minute.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kim Johansen avatar image Kim Johansen commented ·

Thanks for clarification. A follow up question: How do you convert "per title per minute" to "client calls per minute"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kim Johansen avatar image Kim Johansen commented ·

You said "UpdateLobby is 20 calls per 2 minutes", which is a call every 6 seconds.

Does this mean that we can do quick bursts of updates?

Example: a player does nothing for 20 seconds, but then writes 2 quick chat messages.

Instead of waiting 6 seconds, we can do the updates quickly after each other as long as it's 20 calls per 2 minutes.

If yes, is there a place I can read more about this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.