question

Ákos Meiszter avatar image
Ákos Meiszter asked

Unreal Engine String Equality Rule, how?

Hi all, I am familiar with Playfab in general, but not sure how to setup a "Rule" to work in Unreal Engine, I have implemented matchmaking in blueprints and now I am a bit puzzled on how to handle the String Equality Rule.

I got the Region Selection Rule working and I thought if I insert the "DeviceType": "Mobile" under the DataObject with the Rule setup on the Playfab site, it will work. But that is not the case. Any help would be appreciated. "Creator": { "Entity": { "Id": " ID", "Type": "title_player_account" }, "Attributes": { "DataObject": { "Latencies": [ { "region": "NorthEurope", "latency": "50" } ], "DeviceType": "Mobile" } } },

unrealMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

If you want to add a rule to limit games of a particular device to match with each other, you may refer to Matchmaking scenario and configuration examples - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to set the Rule. Then you can create a matchmaking ticket like this:

{
   "Creator": {"Entity": {
                 "Id": "xxx",
                 "Type": "title_player_account",
                 "TypeString": "title_player_account"
             },
             "Attributes":{
                 "DataObject":{
                      "DeviceType":"Mobile",
                     "Latencies": [ { "region": "EastUs", "latency": 150 }]
                 }
             }},
   "GiveUpAfterSeconds": 200,
   "QueueName": "Test"
 }

And here is a BulePrint example you can refer to CreateMatchmakingTicket |Unreal Engine.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ákos Meiszter avatar image Ákos Meiszter commented ·

Thanks a lot! I did figure this out in the end :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.