question

Ahmed Hakim Mirzaoglu avatar image
Ahmed Hakim Mirzaoglu asked

to many servers opens after matchmakingticket (1 server for each 1 player)

Hello. I am having a question. Need some help there. Currently im having the problem that when when i deploy my gameserver toplayfab and connect with a client, then 1 server is created and for each other client 1 more server is shown in that builds active amount of servers.

example: i use matchmaking( or just connect solo) and like 3 players are in a match. then i do PlayFabMultiplayerAPI.RequestMultiplayerServer() api call to get the server connection data. then i call networkManager.StartClient(); in the end--local server works perfectly fine. remote works also, but the problem is that when i deploy and use to conenct remote with like a match of 3 player then there are 3 servers in total.

its like when a player connects playfab server counts up 1 active server. that happens even if i do not use matchmaking and just connect solo

i sadly cant find the reason why each connecting player starts 1 more server. any idea?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

When a player calls the API RequestMultiplayerServer, a game server will transition to active state. It appears to be caused by each player calling RequestMultiplayerServer with different SessionId and generating multiple active servers, then each player connects to different server via different IP addresses and ports. You can make one player call the API RequestMultiplayerServer, then he can share the IP address and port with other players via PlayFab Lobby or PlayFab Party. As an alternative, you can also enable server allocation in the matchmaking configuration. Once matchmaking allocates a server for the match, the resulting server details can be read from the Match object itself by calling GetMatch.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.