question

vez avatar image
vez asked

Is there a way to filter out custom events from a webhook?

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to filter out my custom events from entering a webhook. I was trying to tag the events in some way when I issue them, and use some of these tags for filtering, but it doesn't look like it's possible to write such a filter.

All the events I am trying to filter go through the Server/WritePlayerEvent endpoint, so in theory I could filter out all GameServer sourced events, but Event Source in filter does not seem to refer to the SourceType

Is there a way to write more powerful filters in order to achieve what I want to do? Maybe filtering with a wildcard or something on the event name (`mynamespace_*`)

Thanks

webhooks
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

The Event Source option in the webhook event filter refers to the “Source” in the EventData. And the custom event name in the event filter can only filter a specific event name, that is to say, it cannot filter a part of the event name. If you want to choose the Custom event name option, the event name you filled in the webhook event filter should be like this: title.{your titleId}.{your custom event name} .

0 Likes 0 ·
vez avatar image vez Xiao Zha commented ·

I there a way to filter out ALL custom events, and only keep Playfab's events going to the webhook?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since the source of all custom events is your TitleId, you can choose the “Event source is not” option in the filter and set the source to {Your Title ID} to filter out all custom events.

But the source of the PlayFab Event “player_device_info” is also your Title ID. And strictly speaking, the “player_device_info” event is also a custom event, because although in PlayFab Unity SDK, the ReportDeviceInfo API will be automatically called to report the device info and generate event, but in other SDK, you need to manually call the ReportDeviceInfo API to report custom device info to PlayFab. So, you can choose to filter out the "player_device_info" event or click Add group when setting up the Webhook Event and then add a filter to keep it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.