question

Frederik Becker avatar image
Frederik Becker asked

Cannot add users to studio account,Cannot add user to game studio

Hi there,

I'm new to PlayFab and my team and I are having some issues with adding my colleagues as users to the game studio I created.

So, I created a PlayFab account and a studio account using my Microsoft developer account, which went well. I also added a new game to get a TitleID (which we need to get multiplayer backend to work for Xbox).

However, I can't seem to add new users. The steps I follow is: a) In the game overview, I press the three dots (next to "Upgrade Account"), then "Studio Settings" then "Users" then "Add user". b) I then fill in my colleague's email and set the authentication provider to Microsoft, and then I have tried both making them a studio admin and not making them a studio admin. c) I assign them to a game and (at least) the Dashboard role. d) Then I press "Add user" e) My colleague then gets an email, where they press the "Complete PlayFab Registration" orange rectangle button

This leads my colleague to a white page where it says:

[{"Key":"generic","Value":["This invitation is no longer available or not valid."]}]

And we can't get further.

We tried to have him create a user (like I did), but he also made a studio account (once with the template name, and then with the same name that I was using). And now, whenever he presses the "Complete PlayFab Registration", he is forwarded to his own account (not the one I made, which has the game).

I've also tried being invited to his studio account, but the same issue happens.

We have a pretty tight deadline and this is blocking us from continuing. So any fast help/answer would be appreciated.

Have a nice Friday!

Best, Frederik

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since I cannot reproduce your issue, I will give my full invitation flow, you may take a look. (All testing is done in the Edge InPrivate window. I have two AAD accounts, to describe the operation steps more clearly, I named these two AAD accounts as A and B)

1. I login into my A account in Edge InPrivate Window first and send the invitation to my B account, then close this Edge InPrivate Window.(Please make sure the Authentication Provider is Microsoft when add user).

2. I open a new InPrivate Window, then copy the ” ACCEPT INVITATION” link from the invitation email and paste the link to this new InPrivate Window, it redirects me to the Mircosoft Sign in page(which is the AAD account login method).

3. Fill the email and then the password of the B account, sign in PlayFab.

4. Then I can see the Title of the A account now in the B account game studio.( Please use TitleId to distinguish Title instead of the Title Name).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Frederik Becker avatar image Frederik Becker commented ·

Hi again,

I'm sorry, but I'm still running into issues.

I've tried doing your method; however, I can't get further than step number 2.

I have two AAD (Microsoft accounts). I first log into the first AAD account in Edge Private mode. Invite the other user (I'm technically inviting a GMAIL account, since the AAD account isn't able to accept mails potential issue?).

Then I close the browser, open a new one, and copy the link from the email into the new private mode browser; however, it the logs me into the first account anyway and if I try to log out and log in with the other AAD account, it just logs me into a separate account (its own Playfab account).

On some of my colleagues' accounts we get the first error I mentioned (the string), on other's attempts, we get the second error, and then we also get the issue that it logs itself in on their own accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Frederik Becker commented ·

I have tested the process again, and if you close the InPrivate Edge window after you send the invitation (make sure there is no other InPrivate windows open), then open a new InPrivate Edge window to accept the invitation, it’s impossible to logs you into the first account. If you do the close and open new InPrivate Edge window steps and the issue still exists, you may try to clear the browser cookies in browser settings. Then close all browsers and open a new private window to try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The issue may be related to Browser cookie, you may try to open the link in Private mode browser or clean all the cached cookie before opening the invitation link. Also, there are 2 authentication providers on PlayFab, which are "PlayFab" and "Microsoft AAD". The email address can be the same, but they will be separate developer accounts, and you should log in the correct account. Since you choose the AAD user, after you click Accept Invitation button and redirect to the PlayFab login page, you may need to click Sign in with Microsoft to log in to accept the invitation.

3 comments
10 |1200

Frederik Becker avatar image Frederik Becker commented ·

We have tried opening the link in private, and we have made sure to use the same AAD user and account for the page login.

Could there be other options?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Frederik Becker commented ·

In my test, I have sent an AAD account invitation, then if I login into the “PlayFab” account with the invited email first, then whenever I click the “Complete PlayFab Registration”, I will be redirected to the “PlayFab” account page which cannot accept the AAD account invitation. Just like you said "And now, whenever he presses the "Complete PlayFab Registration", he is forwarded to his own account (not the one I made, which has the game).”.

So, you may double check the authentication provider of the logged in account after you click the “Complete PlayFab Registration”, if it’s not AAD account, you may sign out the “Playfab” account, then login into the AAD account. And here is the two-type account login method, first is the AAD account, second is the PlayFab account. 5838-aad-account.png 5839-playfab-account.png

0 Likes 0 ·
aad-account.png (6.1 KiB)
playfab-account.png (17.7 KiB)
Frederik Becker avatar image Frederik Becker Xiao Zha commented ·

We are positive that we've clicking on signing in using Microsoft.

We're not able to reproduce the initial error; however, we are still getting the following responses:

1. When using our normal chrome browser, we automatically sign in to a new PlayFab Account (while still using the link and signing up using Microsoft

2. When we use incognito mode and other browsers (Edge), we are getting an authentication error:

5829-image.png

0 Likes 0 ·
image.png (28.8 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.