question

hampusbankler avatar image
hampusbankler asked

Add multiple shop items

In my game, I would like to add a lot of items, like a couple of hundreds of them. The only way I can find to add items is manually, and by copying existing ones and editing them. I noticed that on several of the other configurations you can instead upload a json. Is there any way of uploading items in bulk. It would save me a lot of time if I can manage the data in a text editor (using find-replace and such to easily set up stuff according to naming conventions) and upload it instead of in creating everything in the browser.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
hampusbankler avatar image
hampusbankler answered

I just realized I can use cloud code to make small variations to my items by just assigning different custom data to the item instances as they are created (upon player opening a container). So I have no longer any need to be able to do what I stated in the original post. Leaving the topic here anyway, as I guess it could be useful for someone who needs more customization than the custom data field.

Btw, I blown away by the capability of PlayFab. Implementing currency, customizations and even blind packs in two days was _a lot_ faster than I expected. Thanks for the awesomeness.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Thanks! For anyone who would like to edit the catalog offline, you could use the Admin API calls to update the catalog, so that you could use a local editor to work with the JSON data directly. But yes, CustomData is usually the way to go if what you want is a single basic item type with variations (such as with a procedurally generated item).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.