question

woojoo avatar image
woojoo asked

Loading Item Database

I'm trying to get Json typed item data from playfab and create thoes item in unity.

and then, load inventory data, and work with with..

any ways for doing that??

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you're using one of our SDKs, you should be getting the player inventory back in the appropriate object (ItemInstance). If that's not what you need, could you provide more details on what you're seeing in the response to query the inventory versus what you need?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

woojoo avatar image woojoo commented ·

a. there is a item(kind of character thumbnail)

b. i have to preset the items and display them.

c. i get inventory data and check if item is purchased before.(and disable that)

maybe theres another option like having a json file for my entire item database and use it in game and also upload to playfab.

but what i want is getting entire itemdatabase (json or whatever) and create that in game on runtime.

so i dont have to updata my game everytime item is changed..

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan woojoo commented ·

So, is it correct to say that your goal is to load the catalog of goods for the game at runtime, including all assets? Yes, that's definitely what our service is designed to enable. You can get the catalog using GetCatalogItems, and you can use our Content service to store all the assets you need for the items.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.