question

David van Pelt avatar image
David van Pelt asked

Why can't an item be both stackable and tradable?

When I try to mark an item as stackable and tradable I get an error

"Stackable item itemname cannot be tradable."

Why is this? because it would make sense that stackable items can also be tradable.

Why isn't it possible to have a stackable tradable item?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's a known limitation of the current inventory system. The short answer is that this is due to the way the escrow system works for trades (moving the item to a pending state, for the trade). We're working on an update to the inventory system for some optimizations now, and we'll be looking into addressing this issue once that's live. It's definitely something we want to enable as soon as we can, as we're very aware of the need.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David van Pelt avatar image David van Pelt commented ·

@Brendan Any update on this topic?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan David van Pelt commented ·

No, sorry - few titles have asked for this, so it's not something we're likely to prioritize in the near future. We did get the first pass of improvements to the inventory system in place, and we're planning more updates for an upcoming sprint.

0 Likes 0 ·
Canberk Soner avatar image Canberk Soner brendan commented ·

We also require this feature. I liked this thread but are there other feature requests for this so we can vote for it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Martin Brandel avatar image Martin Brandel commented ·

I also need this now, is this not going to be implemented?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Martin Brandel commented ·

For now, you may still need workaround solutions via Cloud Script/Azure Function. Please keep track of the updates on roadmap --PlayFab Roadmap - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, there will be economy v2 updates next year but this feature is not guaranteed. Please feel free to send thread on Feature Requests forum.

0 Likes 0 ·
andrem avatar image
andrem answered

Any update on this?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.