question

dpkagrawal00 avatar image
dpkagrawal00 asked

Leaderboard scalability and refresh rate,Leaderboard types and its refresh rate

My question is regarding leaderboard for my upcoming sport game 1. Can playfab provide Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Global and Lifetime leaderboard? 2. Are all leaderboards realtime or there will some latency based on leaderboard? 3. I will have approx 50 tournament at same time with 10 levels in each tournament, and I need 3 types of leaderboard with 10 rules(Max 6's, Max4's, etc..) on each 3 types on all 10 levels for 50 tournaments. Can playfab support it. it will be around 15000 leaderboards 4. I will be having 10M DAU users with 100000 QPS where every user will update his score in approx 300 sec. Can playfab handle this traffic

,Hi,

I wanted to know does Playfab provides Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Global and Lifetime leaderboard? What is the refresh rate of each leaderboard? e.g.: Daily leaderboard provides ranks in realtime, but is it same for all other leaderboards or there is latency like leaderboard refresh after every 3 hours or so?

I have cricket game to be launched and for same wanted to know can playfab support 10Million DAU with 100000 QPS?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Can playfab provide Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Global and Lifetime leaderboard?

When you create a PlayFab leaderboard, you can set the reset frequency for it as Manually, Hourly, Daily, Weekly or Monthly. And our leaderboard feature can support the global leaderboard well. Regarding Lifetime leaderboard, you can choose not to reset your total statistics. For more detai, you can refer to Using resettable statistics and leaderboards.

Are all leaderboards realtime or there will some latency based on leaderboard? Daily leaderboard provides ranks in realtime, but is it same for all other leaderboards or there is latency like leaderboard refresh after every 3 hours or so?

Our leaderboards are updated when players update their statistics. Since it is technically impossible for the leaderboard to be updated within the same millisecond that a new score is reported, this may have a delay of one to two seconds. All leaderboards are the same.

I will have approx 50 tournament at same time with 10 levels in each tournament, and I need 3 types of leaderboard with 10 rules(Max 6's, Max4's, etc..) on each 3 types on all 10 levels for 50 tournaments. Can playfab support it. it will be around 15000 leaderboards

You can navigate to your title's [Game Manager] -> [Title settings] -> [Limits] to check all limits of your title. The limit of leaderboard is the same as the limit of player statistics, it’s 300. You can upgrade the limit with an Enterprise Plan. Considering you need so many leaderboards, you may Contact us (playfab.com) to discuss the details.

I will be having 10M DAU users with 100000 QPS where every user will update his score in approx 300 sec. Can playfab handle this traffic

With the paid plan we support Unlimited live titles & player accounts. You can refer to Pricing (playfab.com) for more detail.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.