question

dejanjevtic avatar image
dejanjevtic asked

Details about pricing

Hello, I'm new to PlayFab and I have read plenty of information about pricing and limits, but I must ask for some further information.

We're interested only in data storage and we would be fitting in stated limits - 5 key/value pairs for each player (out of 10), each request would update all 5 pairs (out of 10). Player data value size is also not a problem.

On the other hand, I can't find precise information about pricing/limits concerning number of saved players and DAU number, some posts are 1-2 years old and they maybe contain information about an old/outdated pricing model.

In some posts, it is stated that if you have 1000 daily active users you will be charged 2$ per day, and if it's same amount of DAU then you will be charged 2$x30 per month. However, on this page https://playfab.com/pricing/ it states that PlayFab offers a free tier with no DAU or MAU player limits.

So, my question specifically is: If we have let's say 60.000 saved users and about 7000 average daily active users, is there going to be any pricing involved and if so, how much would it be?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Our pricing model has changed a few times over the years, so the best thing to do is always to check out pricing page for the latest info (https://playfab.com/pricing/). For enterprise contracts, please feel free to open a ticket with us, and we can put you in touch with our business team. Our enterprise pricing is MAU-based, and varies based on total MAU (we pass on economy of scale, so the price per MAU goes down as volume goes up). So for a title with 7K DAU, it'll depends upon your overall retention/churn, since that could mean 7K MAU, or it could mean 70K MAU (or more). Feel free to open a ticket and we can talk through details.

Our free tier is designed for small indies/hobbyists and folks playing around with development concepts. For any professional developer, I'd recommend working with us on an actual enterprise contract - or at a minimum, a support package (which is included in enterprise contracts) - so that your title has a Service Level Agreement (SLA). Being as transparent as possible, we try to provide everyone with the support they need for their titles to be successful. But we have a responsibility to meet the needs of folks with contracts first, so if there are issues for a free tier title, it could take some time before we can help out. Just trying to set expectations realistically.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.