question

nhlfiguresleague avatar image
nhlfiguresleague asked

Updating Statistics doesn't work...

Hi Brendan,

For some users, since yesterday, we are not able to subtract from a specifi values in the statistics: TotalCups, ForeverTotalCups.

We didn't changed the code and didn't push anything new. Did Playfab changed something in the API?

Here's a list of some userId: 37D4DC9C90E0045, 8B9B7BBAFE9A65A7, 7FB5EA7ACCD7D70D, 58B85D0C8A43B81D, 5AA56482307A9274.

Thank You,

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Nothing has changed in the service for statistics updates, no. Both those stats are set to "Last" aggregation, so I would expect them to accept the most recent value sent. In fact, I can see that the stat updates are working fine for those players - for example: https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/9B8D/players/37D4DC9C90E0045/playstream. What specifically are you seeing that makes it look like updates aren't working? If this is in the Game Manager, can you give us specific repro steps?

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nhlfiguresleague avatar image nhlfiguresleague commented ·

Hi Brendan,

Let's take for example the user 8B9B7BBAFE9A65A7, if you look at this screen capture, you will see that his ConsecutiveWin drops to 0, which mean he just lose, but his TotalCups don't go down.

The weird thing is that it works perfectly for most users, but for other it doesn't work.

Do we have a way to see more specific logs on the calls being made for a specific user? Maybe that way when can at least know if the device tried to change this value.

Regards,

0 Likes 0 ·
example.png (35.6 KiB)
brendan avatar image brendan nhlfiguresleague commented ·

Afraid I don't follow. The API call to update stats is updating ConsecutiveWins - there's no change to TotalCups being requested. The PlayStream log actually is the complete log for your players, for any statistics change, as we log 100% of the statistics requests.

0 Likes 0 ·
nhlfiguresleague avatar image nhlfiguresleague brendan commented ·

Ok, so if I understand you well, the device is not calling your API to deduct the cups after a lost?

How can that be possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
nhlfiguresleague avatar image nhlfiguresleague commented ·

After every match the system should adjust the number of cups. If it's a win, it will add some cups, if it's a lose, it will remove some cups.

Pretty simple and works for the majority of our users but seems to be broken for a minority of users.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan nhlfiguresleague commented ·

There's nothing in our service that could treat one player differently from another, in terms of this, so I'd have to guess that either the players in question have found a corner case in the client where the updates are incorrect, or else they've modified their local version to change the behavior. Again, this is one of the reasons we have the stat update call turned off by default - statistics are sensitive enough to cheating that they should only be updated by a server authoritative process for games where stats are an important factor in the gameplay experience.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.