question

jrDev avatar image
jrDev asked

What is the point of using Server or Admin API in Unity?

Hello,

I just wanted to find out the point of using Server or Admin API in Unity when you don't want users to be able to hack the code that is being called by them? I assume that you should just use Cloud scripting to access all the Server or Admin stuff, am I correct?

Thanks,

jrDev

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Server API is intended for server-authoritative logic, running on a custom game server (such as the one we provide the code to: https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer). The Admin API is for game configuration, and so should really only be used for tools that you write for use in your own team. For example, if you wanted to write your own game management tool to more specifically fit your workflow.

Cloud Script has full access to all the Server API calls, but it does not have access to the Admin API calls.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jrDev avatar image
jrDev answered

Hey,

I understand now.

Thanks,

jrDev

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.