question

Ricardo Chavarria avatar image
Ricardo Chavarria asked

Settings Primary Catalog

Did we lose the ability to set the Primary Catalog for our game? I don't see a way of doing it anymore.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Nope, it's still there. When you click on the economy tab, you'll see all the catalogs for your game. There, you'll see a down-arrow on the upper right corner of each one. Click it to get the options for the catalog in question. One option is "Edit catalog". Click that, and on the catalog page - if it's not already the primary catalog - click on the "Is primary catalog" option and save the catalog.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Duncan Stead avatar image Duncan Stead commented ·

Has this changed? I don't see any down-arrows or options to change the primary catalog:

My receipt validations have failed due to my bundles being in the non-primary catalog.

I'll just have to lump all the bundles and items in the same catalog if I can't change the primary.

Has this changed? My receipt validations don't work because I put my bundles in a different catalog - I guess I'll just lump everything into the same catalog if I can't switch the primary.

0 Likes 0 ·
catalogs.png (10.3 KiB)
catalogs.png (10.3 KiB)
Duncan Stead avatar image Duncan Stead Duncan Stead commented ·

Hmm, your web-form had deleted my original answer on submission, so I had to login, type it and submit again - now it's included both >_<

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Duncan Stead commented ·

No, it's still there - it has to be, since it has always been the case that receipt validation is against the primary catalog. To get to the "Make Primary Catalog" option, click on the gear icon on my non-primary catalog.

But yes, you should always have all the items that can be inventory items on players in your game in a single catalog (hence, the reason it's "CatalogVersion", rather than "CatalogId").

0 Likes 0 ·
Duncan Stead avatar image Duncan Stead commented ·

Thanks for the reply, I think I misunderstood the purpose of multiple catalogs - it seems they are designed to be used solely for version control, rather than separation for different platforms/uses. I *did* wonder why the catalog name field was called "CatalogVersion" >_<

I see now the "Make Primary Catalog" after pressing the cog button. I think I panicked when I saw your earlier reply about needing to click the corner arrow. I need some more sleep I think :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.