question

Alexandre Chimeno Bort avatar image
Alexandre Chimeno Bort asked

Advanced Push Notifications iOS

Hello,

I send Advanced Push Notifications to my users, no problem with Android users. But now I am developing the iOS version, and Advanced Push Notification in iOS results in a ugly "json" notification. Any way to know a client is Android or iOS?

Alex

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Could you clarify the process you went through to set up Push for the title from the Admin side and the Client side? Once you've set up GCM and APNS (you'll want to set up the sandbox as well) and the client has registered for Push, there shouldn't be any need for you to know on the server side which device type the client is.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alexandre Chimeno Bort avatar image
Alexandre Chimeno Bort answered

No problem with set up with the Admin side.

I have registered 2 devices, 1 Android and 1 iOS and I test them with SendPushNotification (Postman). The body I send is:

{
"Recipient": "XXXXXXXXXXX",
"Message": "{\"Title\":\"Lua Bingo\",\"Icon\": \"notify_icon_small\",\"Message\": \"Hola"}"
}

The result on the Android device a notification with the text "Hola"

The result on the iOS device a notification with the text "{\"Title\":\"Lua Bingo\",\"Icon\": \"notify_icon_small\",\"Message\": \"Hola"}"

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Ah, I see - my apologies, I should have noticed the fact that what you're really having an issue with is Advanced Push. As stated in our docs for this (including the sample, here: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/tree/master/ClientExamples), the iOS Advanced Push requires a plugin which is in development. As soon as it's ready, we'll be releasing it to the public site.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.