question

hovorka.jan@upcmail.cz avatar image
hovorka.jan@upcmail.cz asked

LinkFacebookAccount problem

Hi all,

while I test my app (CloudScript) I ran into strange user account state where in admin I can't see linked FB account and when I call GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDs I get linked playfab ID correctly, but when I try to call UnlinkFacebookAccount it says account is not linked.

I think reason is my testing flow contains ResetUser call which somewhat partially unlink FB account so it's not visible in admin but somewhere else  there is still connection.

When I tried the same scenario but with UnlinkFacebookAccount call at the end of the test, it seems everything was working OK after next test with ResetUser at start of test.

Next thing is that according to documentation ResetUser call should not remove linkages at all, this does DeleteUser call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Update: Thanks to this user report, we've uncovered a bug in the ResetUsers functionality which has caused us to need to deprecate that method. For now, please use DeleteUsers for your testing - it is a simpler method which was developed later on due to specific customer requests, and it has had extensive testing. We'll be re-adding a ResetUsers call later on which will provide for a simple way to reset a user account without deleting it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's extremely odd. Can you let me know the Title ID and PlayFab ID in question, so that I can review the data?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, my mistake - I was confusing the functionality on the back-end. In fact, ResetUsers only resets the data and statistics for the user. It does not change anything at all about any linked authentication mechanisms. So if you linked the account to Facebook, after ResetUsers, it's still linked and you can use a Facebook token to sign in as you could previously.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.