question

james-1 avatar image
james-1 asked

Items with a consumable time < 1 day are being displayed in game manager as "expired"

I had an item set to expire after 30 days but wanted to do some testing around expiration. After setting the consumable time down to 5-minutes, I noticed the item appears as "expired" in the game manager. I tested a few additional consumable lengths but the item continued to appear as expired until I increased the consumable time to 1 day.

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The normal way that inventory item instances work is that they are created with all their properties, including Usage Period, when they are added to the player inventory. It sounds like you're saying that changing the Usage Period of an item in the catalog is changing the behavior of inventory item instances on players, which shouldn't happen. If that's the case, can you please describe your specific repro steps?

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

james-1 avatar image james-1 commented ·

I believe the issue is a display bug in the Game Manager and not an actual issue with items. To clarify, the issue I was pointing out was not with existing items in my inventory but in newly added items (via the Game Manager) after adjusting their consumable times. When I lower the consumable time from 1 day to 1 hour and then add this item to my character's inventory, the newly added item appears as expired.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan james-1 commented ·

Can you please give us the Title ID, user PlayFab ID, and item Instance ID for an example of this, so that we can review the specifics? One thing to call out is that if you are making the item both stackable and time-consumable, that could well be causing the issue you describe.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan james-1 commented ·

Thanks for the email with the details. That does indeed look like a bug in the Game Manager display, as all the information about the item is being returned correctly when I call via the API methods. We'll get the Game Manager fixed as soon as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·

Okay, the Game Manager has been fixed for this - let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
james-1 avatar image james-1 commented ·

w00t! Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.