question

entelicon avatar image
entelicon asked

Steam Sandbox Confusion

I have 'Enable sandbox mode for purchasing in Steam' enabled, but when I try to ConfirmPurchase going through Steam it errors 'Failed by payment provider'. Do I have to have a Steam App ID + Steam Add on to be able to test purchases with Sandbox mode enabled?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, even in Sandbox mode, Steam requires that you have a valid App ID and Web API Key. You can read more about this in their documentation, here: https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/MicroTxn (does require a valid steam developer login).

11 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi commented ·

@Brendan I have enabled Sandbox mode in Playfab settings, and also my app is registered in steam. How to use Sandbox mode for payments.?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan swapnilnegi commented ·

The same way you normally would, assuming your Steam user account is set up correctly on your title in Steamworks. What do you see when you try the purchase flow? If you're getting any errors, what are the details?

0 Likes 0 ·
swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi brendan commented ·

@Brendan After initiating the payment, I get a steam overlay pop up to authorize the payment when I click on Authorize nothing happens(Steam wallet has zero balance).But as per documentation I should get through the funding process. I can see the payment initiated under the purchase tab of the player in PlayFab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
swapnilnegi avatar image swapnilnegi swapnilnegi commented ·

Yes I am Handling that.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan swapnilnegi commented ·

Can you please confirm whether or not you're actually receiving the callback?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.