question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Custom data fields and tables

Meltdown Interactive
started a topic on Tue, 05 May 2015 at 2:25 AM

How do I go about creating a custom table with custom fields?

I want to be able to query this table.

I'd also like to link this table to my player table, so I can get all records that match a certain player.

How do I implement this?

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 06 May 2015 at 1:00 AM

Right now, we have the ability to have arbitrary key/value pairs associated with the user (which can be read/write, read-only, or hidden, as far as the client is concerned), at both the title (individual game) level and publisher (across multiple titles) level. We also provide Shared Group Data objects (as Hamza pointed out), which allow you to have data collections which can be associated with multiple users (or no users at all).

Could you describe the specific gameplay scenarios you're trying to enable? I'm sure, with the details of what you're trying to accomplish, we can provide the details for a system which will cover your needs.

4 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Tue, 05 May 2015 at 9:48 AM

Could you describe the scenario you're trying to enable in more detail, so that we can help design a solution for you using our features? We provide the ability for you to store arbitrary key/value pairs both at the title and user level, with multiple variations depending on the security required for the data (whether clients should be able to edit it or even see it).

Brendan

johntube said on Tue, 05 May 2015 at 4:52 PM

@Meltdown Interactive : try SharedGroupData !

Meltdown Interactive said on Wed, 06 May 2015 at 12:43 AM

I'm talking about a NoSQL table designer in the GameManager like Parse has, that allows you to easily create tables and import data from CSV, JSON etc, and query it through the API.

All I've seen in the docs is Catalogs, but those seem more related to currency than general data.

Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 06 May 2015 at 1:00 AM

Right now, we have the ability to have arbitrary key/value pairs associated with the user (which can be read/write, read-only, or hidden, as far as the client is concerned), at both the title (individual game) level and publisher (across multiple titles) level. We also provide Shared Group Data objects (as Hamza pointed out), which allow you to have data collections which can be associated with multiple users (or no users at all).

Could you describe the specific gameplay scenarios you're trying to enable? I'm sure, with the details of what you're trying to accomplish, we can provide the details for a system which will cover your needs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Khalid Rasool avatar image
Khalid Rasool answered

Greetings Brendan i have same question. I need to add custom data in player like {age, gender, level, class} etc. Please point me to the right direction.

Brendan Hi, I have the same query. I want to add custom data like {age, level, matches_played, Gender} of player/user. but i can't find any good solution for this. Please point me to right direction. Thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.