question

rimply avatar image
rimply asked

Error when running a PlayFabServerSDK server plugin on Linux with Mono

To expand my knowledge of running a server (specifically, on Linux), I'm using Google's Compute Engine to host my DarkRift server with custom plugins on a remote VM.
First I uploaded and ran the server on a Windows machine without any problems.
Next, I did the same thing on a machine with Debian Linux, using mono to run the executable. Without the PlayFab plugin, there was no problem. But when I included the PlayFab plugin, which currently just calls a cloudscript that returns the string "Hello World!" and prints it to the console, I receive a NullReferenceException.

This is the line where the error occurs:

JObject jobj = cloudTask.Result.Result.FunctionResult as JObject;

With further inspection, I found that cloudTask.Result.Result is returning null. Printing cloudTask.Result.Error.ErrorMessage gives: "Error writing request: The authentication or decryption has failed."
What could be causing this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rimply avatar image
rimply answered

I've found the solution. Apparently Mono, by default, doesn't trust any certificates, so running "mozroots --import --sync" fixed my problem.
Sorry to bother you guys!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Not a problem at all - glad you tracked it down!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.