question

rocketcolastudio avatar image
rocketcolastudio asked

Events segment/behaviour/funnel

Hello, my game id is B41E and we just launched our second prototype,

we are trying to figure out the player behaviour,

specifically we are sending custom events to playfab and we want to figure out how many players finish the tutorial.

How can we do that using playfab ?

Player Datagame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

While we provide a range of KPIs that are generic to all titles, for more complex/deep analysis of player behaviors you would need to use some form of data analytics. We provide a few options for this, including analytics partners in the Add-ons Marketplace, and the option to stream all events to your own S3 bucket via the Event Archive (which you could then use in your own analytics tool).

One thing you can do though, would be to set up a Segment that has filters matching the criteria you need (so, if you have an event that would indicate completion, or a statistic that tracks this). That would get you the roll-up number of player in the Segment (Players->Segments), and you could then query those player via the Admin API or run a batch operation (Task) on the Segment.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rocketcolastudio avatar image rocketcolastudio commented ·
One thing you can do though, would be to set up a Segment that has 
filters matching the criteria you need (so, if you have an event that 
would indicate completion, or a statistic that tracks this).

Yeah but that's part of the problem, the statistic value in Segments shows -- no statistics available --

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rocketcolastudio commented ·

Can you please specify the Title ID and Segment, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
rocketcolastudio avatar image rocketcolastudio brendan commented ·

My title id is B41E, there is no segment, since I can't create one with statistic value

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.