question

andrew-wahid avatar image
andrew-wahid asked

Key/Value limit

I know there is a limit for how many key's could a user have in the player data, also I guess it is limited to 10, but is there a limit to the value of the key ? so for example if I want to set a key's value a string of length of 300 characters will that be allowed ?
The reason I want this is because I want to store all player's provided info in a key, the info includes his bio, age, school/university, family members, and much more.. so I want to use only 1 key to store all this data, is that available ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, the value length for user data is the limit called out as "Player data value size" on the limits tab. And we would definitely recommend collapsing data down to fewer, larger keys wherever possible. One thing to be aware of though, is that some of what you're collecting may be considered personally identifying information, so you'll want to make sure to provide the user with a way to remove all that. Deleting the account will, of course, but that's the nuclear option, so to speak.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrew-wahid avatar image andrew-wahid commented ·

It is a 10 kb limit, I mean that is a lot right ? it can hold even more than a string of 300 charactersm right ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrew-wahid commented ·

Absolutely! The default limit is currently 10,000 bytes, so you could store over 30 times that amount of data in a single value. And if you need it to be higher, you can always upgrade the limit or sign up for a higher service tier (which includes increases to most limits).

0 Likes 0 ·
andrew-wahid avatar image andrew-wahid commented ·

Also is the limit for each key's value or is it the sum of all the player's value data size ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrew-wahid commented ·

It's per key/value pair.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.