question

Orcun Nisli avatar image
Orcun Nisli asked

Scheduled Push Notifications

Hi,

I've started to implement push notifications by following PlayFab tutorials. I am wondering how could i use scheduled push notifications? For-example, our project uses a life mechanic, and i want to notify player when all lives are recharged. I guess i don't need to make this from serverside. Clients can send themselves local notifications. For-example on native Android apps, i know that this can be done via AlarmManager yet i didn't figured out how could I achieve it with Unity + Playfab combination. If you could guide me, I would be very happy!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, a local notification would be the way to go for this. Virtual currencies which regenerate aren't all incremented every second for all players - they're updated as needed (so, whenever a purchase attempt is made, inventory is retrieved, etc.). While Unity does provide a simple wrapper for iOS local notifications (http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/iOS.LocalNotification.html), they unfortunately don't for Android. The options are to implement it using the NotificationService in Android, or else use one of the plugins available in the Unity store which take care of this for you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.