question

mgambrell avatar image
mgambrell asked

bug: this forum software's undo/redo functionality doesn't work.

Just start composing some stuff.

Go to a new line. Hit ctrl+z. Then hit ctrl+y.

What's happening??? Complete madness.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The edit system in AnswerHub (the service that we use for forums) give me headaches on Undo/Redo as well - it's an open issue in their tracking which I'd love to see them fix. The issue appears to be caused by their draft save process, as it attempts to always keep the latest version of what you've entered so that if you close the window, it can recover the text. But the net result is that while you can undo, redo doesn't really work.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mgambrell avatar image mgambrell commented ·

It seems if I use my browser's edit > undo/redo function, I can work around the problem. So the bug is in their grabbing ctrl+z and ctrl+y hotkeys for their own glitched handling, for which "we had to break it to make draft saving work" is a so weak an excuse I'd rather call it a brush-off.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan mgambrell commented ·

Feel free to raise the issue with the AnswerHub team directly. As I said, it's an issue we've called out to them as well, so the more they hear about it, hopefully the faster they'll take action on it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.