question

Twin Force avatar image
Twin Force asked

Some push notifications failing to send

Hi,

when I visit "Daily Api Usage Details Report" I have noticed that there is an API name (_server_sendpushnotification) that sometimes fails. I set push notifications for my game (both in iOS and Android) months ago and everything was working as expected. So since nothing has changed in my side, I was wondering if there was some issue concerning PlayFab. If not, any suggestions of how to solve this errors?

P.S.: I'm using a Unity SDK version previous to 2.0.

Thanks in advance!

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, nothing has changed in the service for Push. What is the Title ID in question, so that we can have a look at the specifics?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Twin Force avatar image Twin Force commented ·

Title ID 5C3C, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Twin Force commented ·

While it's possible for there to be occasional glitches in SNS (the AWS service we use for Push, from a review of your API report, I'd say it's more likely that there's an error in the use of SendPushNotification. Given that the errors are all on the Server API call, I'm guessing the use case is your SendPushNote handler, correct? What I would recommend is that you check the response to the SendPushNotification call in that handler, to see if there are any error responses, and pass that info to the client, so that they can re-try later.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.