question

Alexandre Chimeno Bort avatar image
Alexandre Chimeno Bort asked

Value to date adding twice the first row

Hello,

when you calculate the Value to date (USD), you are adding twice the first row:

Value to date have to be 10,54+5,26+2,11 = $17.91 but you are adding 10,54 twice, 10,54+10,54+5,26+2,11 = $28.45

Cheers,

Alex

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling that out. The issue appears to be specific to scenarios where currency conversion is involved, as I'm not seeing it in accounts where the purchase was in USD to start. We have a bug open on this, and we'll be addressing the issues as soon as possible.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Sherwin avatar image
Jeff Sherwin answered

Am definitely seeing this in USD originated purchases using the Unity IAP and your SDK. The purchases seem transactional but the aggregate on the list of players adds the last purchase twice. Be nice to have this fixed up so aggregate data is visually correct without having to manually figure it out. The VTD column on player list is not trustable. Thanks!

2 comments
10 |1200

Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin commented ·

Also under player overview monetization the value has same bug. I did try to verify everywhere else the purchases were correct.

Is this bug in a sprint to be fixed? Seems like it was called out 90 days ago.

Revenue generation trust is a big thing to me. I immediately think what other numbers are in error? . . .

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jeff Sherwin commented ·

The VTD issue is indeed one we have an open bug on, which we'll be addressing as soon as we can. What I would highly recommend though, is using either one of our integrated analytics providers or the event archive to collect all events for your game, so that a) you can perform any validation checks you need across revenue amounts (though I will point out that the issue is specific to VTD - the revenue charts on the dashboard are correct), and b) do more complex analytics on your players' behaviors, so that you can tune your pricing and the game flow overall.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.