question

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar asked

Google login add-on

From the description of the Google add-on currently available it seems that it's mainly for receipt validation.

"Note that you do not need to install this add-on in order to login with a Google account." 

So what about simple Google Sign In (Google OAuth 2.0, Google+) and Google Cloud Messaging (Push Notifications)?

Google settings have changed. I came back after finishing mirating my android plugin to the new Google SignIn API to check why I'm getting "InavlidGoogleToken" error from PlayFab and I have found out that instead of application package name(e.g. com.Company.App) and Public Key (secret), what is required now are Google App Package ID and Google App License Key from Google Play. 

I want to make sure I'm sending the right token.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Our PushNotificationExample.unitypackage Unity plugin is explicitly for push notifications, yes.  PlayFab Push notification apis do not work without this plugin.

Simple Google Sign In isn't well supported.  It actually requires more work for the customer (which is inherently the opposite of simple).  A lot of our features and support are driven by customer need, so this will likely not see any real support/development by PlayFab unless we see a lot of customer need.

I'm told by another team member that this is the closest we've got: https://github.com/PlayFab/Unity3d_Login_Example_Project

But, it's built for a deprecated version of Unity and not supported anymore.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Just making sure all the other threads on this topic have the updated info: We do now support the newer Google authentication (ServerAuthCode) process. Please see this post for more information: https://playfab.com/blog/setting-up-google-sign-in/.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Hi Paul,

you did not understand my question.

by add-on I mean the ones enabled from GameManager (from marketplace) and not client side plugins.

btw I provided the Unity Android plugin in that sample so I know how much work needs to be done.

my question:
how to configure PlayFab's GameManager to be able to use LoginWithGoogleAccount? (I have the token already but I keep getting "InvalidGoogleToken" error)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Which Title ID are you testing, Hamza? We can have a look at the setup in the Google Add-on. I expect you've got the right values in there, so if you want to also email us the token and the info on how you're retrieving it, we can have a look at those.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.