question

ernes avatar image
ernes asked

Sending WritePlayerEvent when there is no internet

Hi, I'm using playfab sdk for cocos2dx

Is there exist some way to query all the failed writePlayerEvent?

For example when I'm sending event A B and C, A and B delivered but C is not because the internet suddenly goes down and 408 response was return.

Are the failed events is written somewhere? so I could basically retry all the failed events if the internet goes up again, or if I launched the app again.

Is this something that handled by playfab sdk or should I handle this manually?

Thanks!

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Currently, you would need to handle this in your own code. We are planning to provide optional client-side caching for events, but we don't have a date we can provide for that just yet.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-6 avatar image kevin-6 commented ·

Just wanted to check on the satus of client-side event caching. Should we still handle this on our side?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kevin-6 commented ·

Yes, we'll be providing caching in the SDKs in a future update, but that's not on our next quarter roadmap.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jhon avatar image Jhon brendan commented ·

Hi, I have been looking for updates to see if this feature has been implemented yet? I tried looking at the roadmaps but I haven't found anything related to this.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.