question

David Brunot avatar image
David Brunot asked

Get All Existing Catalog Versions Through Code

So I'm Trying to get all the current Catalog Versions for a editor script inside unity so that I can then query through that specific catalog and allow our game designers so make changes inside of unity where we have specific custom data that we'll be adding to the catalog items. I can't seem to find in the API reference though how to find which Catalog Version exist or any way get all that exist as this would be very useful. If there is anyway to get this to work that would be awesome.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Ahmed avatar image Muhammad Ahmed commented ·

We want to do something similar as well. Is there any update on the API.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In general, the way the Catalog system is designed is that you have a single catalog for all the items in your game, and then version that when you do an update to your game where you have significant changes to make. The new Game Manager (n2.playfab.com) reflects this much more clearly, as it organizes the Drop Tables, Stores, and Containers under the catalog more explicitly. Owning to that, there isn't really a query for all catalog versions. What's the design of how you're using different catalogs in the service right now?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Brunot avatar image
David Brunot answered

Making a Unity editor that along with all stuff that the base catalog items do will also have custom data displayed nicely in the Unity Editor for our game designers. we then parse the custom data into a json string and save in the customData string of the catalog Item. I would like to be able load all the catalog items from any catalog version that exists, so we can selectively change any catalog version. But to do that in Unity I will need the name of all the catalog versions that exist

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Makes sense, and I'll add a backlog item for this. However, it may be some time before this becomes part of the platform (we prioritize in part based upon feedback from developers), so for now I would have to recommend keeping track of your catalog versions as part of your local configuration info in your build process.

2 comments
10 |1200

Julius Hipolito avatar image Julius Hipolito commented ·

Just curious if there was any movement on providing this API? We are looking to do something similar, but in UE4.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ Julius Hipolito commented ·

In a round-about way, yes. In the updated commerce system that's currently in private preview we've moved to a single catalog model, so you don't have to worry about querying across multiple catalogs.

1 Like 1 ·
jrDev avatar image
jrDev answered

Hello,

Any progress on this?

Thanks,

jrDev

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.