question

apptester825 avatar image
apptester825 asked

Leaderboard - What is best practice in Playfab to show regional / country segmented stats for player from USA only?

Dear community

We have with Statistics created an Overall leaderboard.

How to implement that Chinese Players only see the stats of Chinese players in the leaderboard section "Best of my country"?

Question 1:

Do we require 194 statistics for each player now? "HighScoreUSA", "HighScoreGermany" etc..?

Question 2:

Should we do it with "Tags" or "Characters"?

Question 3:

How to implement a "Best of my city" leaderboard feature where only players of my city/region/district are showing up in the leaderboard section?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For completeness, this is also discussed in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/651/208297428-Leaderboard-filtering-.html

Currently, you would need to have a separate leaderboard per region. We are, however, working on an update to the leaderboard system which will allow for more options, like regional filtering on a single leaderboard. You can expect to see more on that later this quarter.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

virgilio avatar image virgilio commented ·

@Brendan How is this going?, do we have a date for the regional filtering on single leaderboards ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan virgilio commented ·

In general, we don't provide dates for features unless they're close to completion. The problem is that, as a live service, we have to constantly adjust our schedule to make sure the needs of all our live titles are met. We'll be able to talk more about this feature when we're getting close to release.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins brendan commented ·

Is there any update on when we can view leaderboard by region. Will this happen? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.