question

Dave W avatar image
Dave W asked

Facebook Purchase Disputes

Hi,

I'm working on implementing Facebook payments into our application on the web via Facebook Canvas. The purchases work fine, items are added, but we're now testing the Facebook dispute systems. When I dispute one of the test transactions, I can see the dispute come through to PlayFab as the transaction is noted as DisputePending under the Players / Purchases in the Game Manager - however I'm not getting a dispute notification email from PlayFab.

I've got the Facebook Add-On setup in PlayFab and my email address in there is correct. How long does it take for the dispute notification emails to be sent out?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, this highlighted an issue with the postback for Facebook disputed charges that we're fixing now. Once it's fixed, the emails will go out the instant that Facebook notifies us of the dispute (which should be nearly instant on their side, as well). We'll post here when this is fixed.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dave W avatar image Dave W commented ·

@Brendan
Just an update, I can now receive the emails, but they have the following in them:

Facebook allows 48 hours before automatically converting a dispute into a refund. To take action on this please use the RefundPurchase or ResolvePurchaseDispute Admin APIs.

However, there's no sign of these calls in the API docs or in the Postman calls included in the most recent SDK updates.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dave W commented ·

Thanks for calling that out - those appear to still be flagged as Beta, which they shouldn't be. I'm updating that now, so they'll be in the SDK roll-out next week, and they'll appear on the doc site shortly. The details are:

Admin/RefundPurchase:

Properties (all strings): PlayFabId (of the user - required), OrderId (of the purchase - required), Reason (has to match one of the resolution enums in FB).

Response property: PurchaseStatus (string).

Admin/ResolvePurchaseDispute:

Properties are as for RefundPurchase, but with one more required: Outcome (which is of type ResolutionOutcome - an enum with the values "Revoke", "Reinstate", and "Manual").

And again, the response is the PurchaseStatus.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dave W commented ·

Sorry for the silence on this - we made some updates with the mail service late last year, and have been unable to reproduce this since, so it does appear to be fixed. But do let us know if you're still seeing any issues.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.