question

tayseer avatar image
tayseer asked

How can i know if the user have already an account without logging in and create new account??

In my game am trying to link accounts, so that if the player used to have a google account and then changed device and created a guest account and then he decided to link this account with google, he should be asked if he want to retrieve his old account, the question here how can i know if he already had an account without trying to login, so that i can decide if i will link his new account to google or retrieve his old account?? the problem with trying to log in is that it create a new account automatically.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk answered

"the problem with trying to log in is that it create a new account automatically." - This should not be the case. All the LoginAPIs have a flag for if a new account should be created or not.

LoginWithGoogleAccount

Set the CreateAccount param to false.

Is there another issue with attempting the login, besides the accidental account creation?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joshua Strunk avatar image Joshua Strunk commented ·

Just realized the question thread Linking Multiple Of Same Platform could have some useful information for you. It covers a more specific and complicated issue, but it might have some general information that is helpful buried in it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.