question

surya avatar image
surya asked

Is More API Error are logged for our live game , concern or not

Hi

In our live app , we are getting API error logs for every user, but we are handling it in the client code, is that a concern or we can ignore it?

void OnApiCallError(PlayFabError err) {
        string http = string.Format("HTTP:{0}", err.HttpCode);
        string message = string.Format("ERROR:{0} -- {1}", err.Error, err.ErrorMessage);
        string details = string.Empty;

if (err.ErrorDetails != null) {
            foreach (var detail in err.ErrorDetails) {
                details += string.Format("{0} \n", detail.ToString());
            }
        }
        if (err.Error == PlayFabErrorCode.AccountNotFound) {
            CustomAuthenticateWithPlayFab();
        }
        Debug.LogError(string.Format("Log-In-Failed \t{0}\n {1}\n {2}\n", http, message, details));
    }

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I would say that unless you understand specifically what the cause is for the errors and feel that they're non-issues, that any errors are a cause for concern. What is your Title ID, and what are the errors you're seeing?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

surya avatar image surya commented ·

Hi We are getting PlayFabErrorCode.AccountNotFound . My Title ID 7670. We know the cause for the error. Let me Explain it, For Every new user we are calling LoginWithPlayFabRequest , On LoginFail Call back we are calling LoginWithCustomIDRequest as mentioned above code. Game is working fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan surya commented ·

That sounds like you should only ever get the error once for any given player, the first time they run the game. That shouldn't be an issue.

But let me ask - what are you using for your Custom ID? In general, it's best to use something that you can get back easily, without having to depend on locally-saved data (like a Device ID - saved to the iTunes Keychain in the case of Apple). And using the platform-specific login call (like LoginWithIOSDeviceID) whenever possible gives you extra information about your users, which can help in analyzing user behaviors.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.