question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

DeleteUsers 200-OK, but not reflecting in "players" section

I think I have to collect my 50 test name Id's all over again :(

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or if it's server side?

SENT VIA POSTMAN:

{
"PlayFabIds":
    [
        "ExamplePFID123"
    ],
    "TitleId": "{ {TitleId}}"
}

RETURNED:

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {}
}

Now I can do this more than once and it'll always return OK for the same ID, so I really don't think things are being deleted.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Players tab is not actually a live query against the database - it's a list which is updated as players sign in, so you'll continue to see deleted users there until they scroll off the bottom. Which, for a live game, should be fairly quick.

Also, "deletion" of users is really removing all data from their player record, leaving just the shell with the PlayFab ID. So continuing to call delete on those IDs will indeed continue to get you an OK response. But the accounts are effectively gone as no user data remains.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt answered

Oh? Thanks - Where can I find the full list?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can get the full list of all users for your title from the reporting for your title. This is available in the Game Manager under the Reports tab, but to aggregate a local list of everyone, I'd recommend using the Admin API call https://api.playfab.com/Documentation/Admin/method/GetDataReport. The specific report you want is "DailyNewUserHistoryReport".

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.