question

tyschenk2 avatar image
tyschenk2 asked

Is there a Swift SDK?

Is there a swift SDK? If not how can add the OBJC SDK to my project?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Sorry, there are no current plans to support Swift. We do have an Obj-C SDK that is in beta. Please refer here https://github.com/PlayFab/Objective_C_SDK for usage instructions.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christopher J. Brasino avatar image Christopher J. Brasino commented ·

Is there still no plan to support swift?

0 Likes 0 ·
v-humcin avatar image v-humcin ♦ Christopher J. Brasino commented ·

There is no plan currently for a Swift SDK. Feel free to submit a feature request for this and others can vote on it so that we can gauge how much demand there is for it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christopher J. Brasino avatar image Christopher J. Brasino v-humcin ♦ commented ·

Ok will do! My only worry is that if developers are looking at Playfab for iOS projects and they see there is no Swift SDK, but only an Obj-C one that has multiple depreciated items and errors on build that they wont even look at my feature request and turn to another solution. Swift is now by far the industry standard, and since you guys have an Android SDK that is not in beta it seems to make sense to support the iOS side from a business standpoint (From the perspective of a lowly code monkey). I will try and make a feature request though and see if I get any responses.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.