question

justin-4 avatar image
justin-4 asked

Calling PlayFabClientAPI.ReportPlayer() once, data explorer shows 2 events?

I'm using the Playfab Unity SDK, and when I call PlayFabClientAPI.ReportPlayer() I am seeing 2 identical entries in the Data Explorer in the Dashboard. I verified that I am not calling it twice.

Is this expected behavior or a bug?

unity3d
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

Could you provide your titleId and those 2 event ids for us to investigate?

0 Likes 0 ·
justin-4 avatar image justin-4 Simon Cui commented ·

The "event data" for both entries in the Data Explorer (Basic) are identical.

{ "EventNamespace": "com.playfab", "TitleId": "8F630", "EventId": "9c56558a2cd445368596fea6259e98ef", "EventName": "player_reported_as_abusive", "EntityType": "player", "EntityId": "4AD26C4CB2CBA8EE", "SourceType": "BackEnd", "Timestamp": "2023-03-30T20:38:07.5750392Z", "PlayFabEnvironment": { "Vertical": "master", "Cloud": "main", "Application": "mainserver", "Commit": "f560501" }, "Source": "PlayFab", "ReportedByPlayer": "E271B813350642E8", "Comment": "Reason Negative attitude, Reason Verbal abuse, Reason Offensive language, Reason Offensive profile, Reason Other, " }

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ justin-4 commented ·

It can be caused by recent playstream incident at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

It is not recommended to rely solely on player reports’ count to determine if someone should be banned. While player reports can be a useful tool for identifying inappropriate behavior, they can also be easily abused by individuals seeking to unfairly target others. You may also consider reviewing other log data and find evidence of the behavior.

But if you want to get the unique reports count in case similar incident happens again, you can use the following query in Data Explorer (advanced):

['events.all'] 
 | where FullName_Name == "player_reported_as_abusive"
 | where Entity_Id == "4AD26C4CB2CBA8EE"
 | summarize by EventId
 | count 
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.