question

vshilov@appsministry.com avatar image
vshilov@appsministry.com asked

How I can set UserName?

In PlayFabClientAPI I can set User Display Title, but I don't see any methods for changing (or setting ) UserName

Of course UserName can set by creating PlayFab account, but if I create account from device ID, how setup UserName in that case?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Username is a primary identifier for the account, across all your titles (it's at the Publisher ID level, as opposed to the Title Display Name, which is title-specific). As a primary lookup, it's designed to be set, but not changed later. If you've created an account via device ID auth (or Facebook, etc.), you can add one later with AddUsernamePassword, though that does also require adding email and password. If changing Username is something you'd like to see in our API set, I would recommend adding it to our Feature Requests forum.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt answered

Not necessarily CHANGING a username, but ADDING a username. For example, before I setup playfab, I *JUST* had an email/pass account creation.

Later I realize I need username, too. I create a dialog "What's your username" after logging in .... but there's no way to update this username if a password/email has already been created.

I can think of several other situations where this would apply as well to add ONLY a username after you have a session

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks - I've responded to this in our other thread (https://community.playfab.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/209071588-AddUsernamePassword-email-already-exists-what-), which I've also moved to Feature Requests, so that others can vote it up if they would find it helpful.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.