question

britshu avatar image
britshu asked

Does a WebGL Unity game give all players the same CustomID?

For my first little project with PlayFab I made a game as a christmas present for friends. It contains a leaderboard but I didn't want my friend to register to anywhere for this little game. The game is made with Unity 5.5 and built in WebGL.

So, Facebook authentication looked timeconsuming at first so I decided to use LoginWithCustomID. I thought it will give each player a unique id based on their device or something, I don't know. But turns out, everybody gets the same id, so in the Dashboard I see only one player with logins from different locations.

Is this intended and the LoginWithCustomID is made for different purposes or did I something wrong?

Leaderboards and StatisticsAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't generate a Custom ID - you need to generate one locally that you use to log in. So, generate a random GUID, save it locally, and use that to sign in. Or use a value from the client device that you're confident won't change.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

britshu avatar image britshu commented ·

Oh, I get it now. The problam was that SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier in Unity is not supported in WebGL. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.