question

deepmobdev avatar image
deepmobdev asked

Fail to Send Push Notification to registered iOS User through Dashboard

I select a player from Dashboard and then press the send push notification button. After that entered a title and message for the push notification and hit send push notification button, at which point I get the error, "Failed to deliver to mobile device. Check that the device is registered for push notifications. Error: iOS Push Notification Failed: Client has been unregistered for push notifications.." How does a client unregister for push notification by itself. In the dashboard, I can see push notification is enabled for the player.screen-shot-2016-12-23-at-12518-am.png

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

When a client device registers for Push Notifications, that creates an ARN record that we store in the player profile. However, all devices that enable Push Notification provide the user with the option to disable Push Notifications for applications - and no notification is sent to us when that happens. We do not explicitly remove the ARN from the player profile when this error message is returned, in case this is a temporary situation.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.