question

leafsas2015 avatar image
leafsas2015 asked

Add an existing PUN appId to Photon Addon?

Hi, i have turn on the Photon Addon for my playfab project, but it assign me a new PUN app Id with 20 CCU, i have already a PUN App Id with 100CCU, it's possible to change the app id with mine? Thanks

Account ManagementPartner Add-ons
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Hi @leafsas2015

It is not possible to use PlayFab with Photon AppIDs (Chat + Realtime) other than those given by the addon.

And the Photon apps given by the addon do not have a CCU limit. You monthly pay for CCU peak (per 100 CCU). So if in one month the CCU reaches a value:

from 0 to 20 CCU: it's for free

from 21 to 100 CCU: you pay x$

from 101 to 200 CCU: you pay 2 * x$

from i * 100 + 1 to (i+1) * 100 CCU: you pay (i+1) * x$

as of today: x = 19$ for Photon Realtime and 9$ for Photon Chat.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leafsas2015 avatar image leafsas2015 commented ·

Ok, thanks for explain me :)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but the Photon integration does require using App IDs generated in our account (from the Photon add-ons page). You can, of course, use your own App ID separately if you prefer, but you will not be able to use the authentication and webhook integration in that case.

8 comments
10 |1200

Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin commented ·

so I developed a photon app before I found playfab. Are you saying I must use your photon servers and not Photons? I bought the 100 ccu upgrade with photon already. I just connected photon to my app here thinking I could plug in the existing ids. I really would like to use Playfab as my back end. What can I do?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jeff Sherwin commented ·

No, we do not run or manage any Photon Cloud servers. But the Photon integration with PlayFab for authentication and webhooks is specific to Photon Cloud App IDs running in our account, so only App IDs created in our Photon Add-ons page are valid for that integration. If our authentication and webhook integration isn't important to your title though, you should feel free to continue to use your existing Photon App IDs.

Also, specific to your title ID, the email address on file for Title ID E8B8 bounced when we updated it to the Photon premium tier at your request, just so you know, but the title has been updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin brendan commented ·

Thanks for the fast response! Not sure why that email bounced but changed it to a more ubiquitous gmail account.

As far as photon goes, I clicked the upgrade button before i realized what was going on. Is it possible to disable photon?

Right now 100CCU is $47.50 for 60 months - Your equal 100CCU would be $6K? Maybe I don't understand your billing. I do see it gets cheaper as you scale but initial entry seems like a huge gap.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.