question

enrico avatar image
enrico asked

Writable Shared Title Data

Dear support team,

I'm trying to find the right way of solving my problem but I'm not sure which way to go.

I am creating a game that allows player to create their own levels.

Level data is stored using the json format.

I would like to maintain a pool of all the available levels server wise, and make all this accessible for the users.

To summarize I need the client to read and write to a list of json files stored on the server.

I see that title data is not writable from users, I didn't find a way to set files on your CDN and I'm not sure if the shared user data is the way to go.

How do you think my problem could best resolved using PlayFab? Thanks for your help

Title DataShared Group Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What you're looking for is effectively a User Generated Content service, which we do not provide yet (but see below). Our data systems, broadly speaking, fall into two categories: Data which needs to be readable by all users is sharded and cached, so that it can be efficiently read by everyone, but which is infrequently updated by the title owner (such as Title Data), and data which needs to be frequently updated by the player, but which will only be accessed by that player or, at most, that player and a few others at a time (such as User Data and Shared Group Data).

Currently, our Content service could provide you with a way to do this, but you would need to have a custom game server which manages the writes to the data store (preferably with some additional checks on the data being sent), and an external data table which you would use to manage any metadata you need concerning the levels (most recent, any voting, reporting for infringing/offensive content, etc.).

In addition, if your title is still at least a few months from its ship date, we are planning on providing additional options for storage of custom data in a more flexible manner. So if you're still a ways out, please keep an eye on our announcement and blog pages, as we'll be providing more details of that in Q1.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

enrico avatar image enrico commented ·

Thanks a lot for your answer :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.