question

robertdemjan avatar image
robertdemjan asked

RedeemMatchmakerTicket GameNotFound

Hello again!

From what I understood, when a player connects to a Custom server, the server needs to call

RedeemMatchmakerTicket to register the player.

I did that, and received the following error:

{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"GameNotFound","errorCode":1024,"errorMessage":"Game not found"}

Seems like to me, that it doesn't find the LobbyId properly.

I printed some data to logs and found this:

Command line parameter:

-game_id=858728980309634718

Request body:

{"LobbyId":"858728980309634718","Ticket":"9D9970A82D868A71---2ABB-8D4260CA3B9DD8F-F94D55A14D408D79.1EEA2DB85EFCD80B"}

To me, it seems that I'm passing the correct values. However, checking in the event history, it seems like that the eventData.lobbyId is "BEAD17535B06E9E". I don't know if it means anything. Maybe I should pass the lobbyId as hexadecimal, and not decimal?

Am I doing something wrong?

Custom Game Servers
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robertdemjan avatar image robertdemjan commented ·

Sending in hexa didn't help, it only made parse error( failed to parse input string as number)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, the LobbyId should be a string containing the decimal format of the Lobby ID (which is how it is returned in the Matchmake call, and how it is passed in on the command line parameters for a server. In RedeemMatchmakerTicket, you're passing in the LobbyId of the local instance and the ticket passed up by the client. If those two don't match - if the ticket is for a different Lobby, you would get that error.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robertdemjan avatar image robertdemjan commented ·

Thank you, I've got it working.

I passed the ticket from the user login, not from the StartGame, that was the problem.

Still, it would be better if it gave "TicketIsValid": false answer instead of GameNotFound. I thought there is something wrong with the LobbyId, and not with the ticket..

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan robertdemjan commented ·

Great - glad to hear you've got it working. I'll file a work item to have someone review the errors and see if we can't get a more specific response in for that case.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.