question

Jay avatar image
Jay asked

Is there a hidden limit on GrantItemsToUser from CloudScript?

From a CloudScript I am granting some items:

server.GrantItemsToUser({
     "CatalogVersion" : "MyCatalog",
     "PlayFabId" : currentPlayerId,
     "ItemIds" : itemIds
});

There are 23 items in `itemIds` but only 12 are granted in the user's inventory.

I even log `itemIds` in the CloudScript and in the info button I can see that the CloudScript was a success and the log shows all 23 `itemIds`.

Why do only 12 items get granted?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's a known issue with grants of large numbers of items (including if they're a bunch of items in a bundle) all at once that we'll be resolving with an update to the inventory system we're working on. The problem is made worse if the player in question has a very large number of items in his inventory (around 1000 items). In the short-term, the workaround is to only add 10 or so items at a time, wait for the response, then add the next batch. We'll post an update when the inventory update is complete.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ivank avatar image ivank commented ·

Any news on the update?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.