question

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr asked

Store and Drop Tables questions

I don't know if these points are bugs or misunderstandings, but wanted to clarify things...

Admin / GetStoreItems

You should add in the documentation that CatalogVersion is required in the parameters. If ommited or wrong, always returns empty array.

Admin / GetRandomResultTables

Also, the main CatalogVersion seems required in the parameters to get accurate results. If not set, there is a return, but not corresponding to the dashboard values. So it seems that drop tables are linked to a catalog, which is not seen on the dashboard. Weird.

Deletions

=> It's possible to delete a store, but not catalogs, currencies or drop tables. There is no way to clean up things except create a new title...

Admin / Create Drop Table

=> From admin APIs, it's possible to create a store, but not a drop table. A "SetRandomResultTable" API would be consistent (and useful).

Server / GetStoreItems

=> Already asked, but just a reminder to be able to get store prices from cloudscript

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, Eric - in order:

• Admin/GetStoreItems - This is clearly a bug in the logic for GetStoreItems. I've checked in a fix to use the primary catalog if one is not specified, so that'll be in our next update.
  • Admin/GetRandomResultTables - Yes, Drop Tables are indeed linked to Catalogs. We're working on an update to the Game Manager which will make this much clearer. For any API call that doesn't require the Catalog, the one you have set as the Primary Catalog for your game is used.
  • Deletions - Yes, there are dependencies between currencies, catalogs, and drop tables making this non-trivial. We do want to provide a way to do this in future, but you are correct that deletion isn't an option right now.
  • Admin/Create Drop Table - It's there, it's just that we didn't follow the pattern for the other Get/Set/Update calls (we're trying hard to make sure we're more consistent these days). Specifying a Drop Table which doesn't exist in your call to UpdateRandomResultTables creates the table.
  • Server/GetStoreItems - Indeed, we have a backlog item on that. We've had very few requests for this though, so it may be a while before it bubbles up the work stack.
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, changing that parameter to be required would be a breaking change. Instead, I've updated the service code to use the Primary Catalog if one isn't specified - that'll be in our next release. I've updated the post above to reflect this, for clarity.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.