question

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar asked

Does PlayFab make Google API calls on behalf of the player?

I want to know if, in the future, PlayFab will make Google API calls even when the user is offline or directly from the server on behalf of the user. e.g. Contacts, IAP, etc.

If so, what permissions / scopes are required? 

I'm asking all this because I made the Google+ Android plugin previously that was authenticating players only. Now Google is killing Google Plus slowly and softly and there is a brand new Google Sign-In which looks better than the old one. So the new Sign-In API (deprecating v1) is here since October 2015. You can read the first blog post about this dating back to November 2015.

I'm making a new Android plugin, especially that now Unity 5 supports .aar files.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

We do not have any plans to support any offline mode of Google API.   Our API's are for authentication and receipt validation only, and these are directly related to Google Play (more than Google Plus).   We are not calling any Google Plus specific API's so I don't think we will be effected by this change.  But we will certainly keep an eye out for changes and we will notify you and the community if we see any red flags.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Thanks Marco!

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.